Thursday, February 5, 2015



Learning made easy with Music.

Some days I can barely remember my own phone number, but ask me to sing a popular song that I haven’t heard in 20 years and I can remember every line.  Music is a great way to learn and memorize information.  It is an enjoyable process with no stress or pressure, just a fun way to develop a new skill. 

Who remembers School House Rock?  I learned all about American History and English Grammar from a Saturday morning cartoon short but I can tell you the purpose of a conjunction and I know how a bill becomes a law.  I know that an “interjection, shows excitement, or emotion.  They’re generally set apart from a sentence, by an exclamation point, or by a comma when the feeling’s not as strong.”

Studies have shown that using music as a teaching tool enhances learning and memorization.  Music nourishes the brain while affecting all areas of development, including strengthen listening skills, language and phonic awareness, and encourages participation.  In addition to calming and helping the mind focus, music can create feelings of general well being.

So if music makes learning easy and fun, then I suggest that we embrace it.  Dust off our dancing shoes, turn up the volume and encourage our kids to get moving to the rhythm of knowledgeGet our Audio books Now!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment